Wednesday, 11 April 2012

J is for Jogging

256/365*2

Over the last couple of years I've been working on the Couch to 5K running/jogging program.
The idea is that you walk/run your way to 5K over a couple of months; jogging 3 times a week.
I've never actually managed to finish the program. 

201/365*2

I've got the gear though.
I've got the swoosh on my trousers!

Day 337: Running Collapse

I just need to get the time and energy to complete it.

And try to avoid any more shin splints.

Anyone have any tips for getting back into a jogging routine?
How do you fit it into your life?

P.S. Sorry I'm not around looking at blogs this week. I'm connected to the interwebs over an appalling 512k connection. Doesn't load very much very fast!

3 comments:

  1. I can't jog cos of my back, but I walk up an incline and swim everyday--- just do what you find easier in case the jogging is too much of a bother.

    Look forward to your challenge run…
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't jog but do struggle with getting out and walking. Even though I actually like to walk...

    Nice to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying the Challenge!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did Couch to 5k! And it took me a LOT longer than however long it's supposed to take. But eventually I was able to run about 5 miles comfortably, which was awesome. (I have since gotten super lazy, and I'm basically back to being able to run less than a mile. Sigh.)

    I find that having someone to do it with is helpful - not even necessarily someone to JOG with, but just having someone you can check in with, cheer each other on, etc. I think that's what I'm lacking these days...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...