Friday, 20 April 2012

S is for Sewing

Late night project beginnings...

I'm what you would say 'learning to sew.' Quilting, cross stitching, embroidering. Beginner at all.

Birthday Apron

Pin Cusion Caddy

I adore making things with thread and fabric. I love to choose the colours and patterns and mix them together.

Ironing

... and it all started with a big bang...

I love to take a whole lot of little crosses and make something whole.

88/365*2

244/365*2

I hope to get better at this whole sewing malarkey. I hope to finally figure out how to finish my quilt.

Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. I teach art as well as write and I'm always amazed at how much my 4th and 5th grade boys loved to sew. I'm pretty basic, but basic leads to better! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! My little brother likes to knit too! Darn stereotyping is for wusses!

      Delete
  2. Found you through the a - z, love your photos and captions. I long ago gave up learning to sew and envy anyone who does. Following you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by and following!! :D

      Delete
  3. Great examples of stitchery.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I wish I was crafty in that way. I can hem things, and I actually really enjoy doing it, so I would probably like to sew stuff by hand. I just have so little patience for things like measuring and cutting straight lines, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I certainly cannot cut straight! Learning! ALways learning!

      Delete
  5. Howdy, Ma'am... Glad to meetcha'! I am a crafty person also. I love to sew...can embroider the old-fashioned stitches, but the counted cross stitch drives me nutty (or nuttier than usual, ha). I also quilt, and do mine on the machine, putting front and back together as I go. When it is finished, it is finished. I also use bias quilt binding to finish it off. Your work is beautiful. Best regards to you... Ruby aka Grammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      I'm trying to learn more hand stitches, and I like just going for it freehand stitching!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...