Friday, 4 May 2012

Recovery and recuperation.

So, the a-z kind of took it out of me. Add to that a (failed) job interview and the stress and recovery from travelling, I haven't really been in a blogging place.

Or even in a being awake place.

I've been going to work, coming home, and just collapsing.

But, I'm back with the program. I have a whole lot coming up, with only 7 shifts left at work, and only 14 days until we move, it's crunch time for Canterbury.

I'm really looking forward to being in a big town, much closer to london and the greater potential for a job that I love. (Failing that, I just need some starting capital and I would be willing to open a fabric store as I have yet to find a small, local one in the place I'm moving to. I've even got a spot in mind, just next to the local milliners). I'm also looking forward to a decent library, a chance to make new friends, and just getting on with life away from my job here. I'm not happy in it, and it has felt worse and harder as the move creeps up on us.

I'm sad to leave the wonderful boutique shops here, and my favourite fabric store. I'm sad to be leaving a place with such history that I walk past every day. I'll be sad to leave friends here. Sad to leave a life built over the past 7 years.

But so very excited about the prospects for more.

Have you ever moved out of an area permanently? Knowing you are not likely to live there again? What's the worst thing about it? What's the best? Let me know!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. good luck you sound busy I hope everything falls into place...... Me I like the quiet of the hills were I live not the big smoke. But it is true, that is were the work is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think change is so exciting! So much hope and potential! I lived in California my entire life - until I got married and my husband moved us up to Washington state. Love it! And I bet you love your new place in life, too!
    New follower here . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...